Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have an inkling that I might have a feeling.

My feelings don't have thoughts
I don't get the luxury of sitting them down
asking what their origin is
and figuring out how to make some grow
or send some packing

Sometimes I wonder why I try so hard
trying to force the eviction of worry
working so hard to move the pieces into place

I keep hearing people ask, "What do you need?"
A guess or two will do
but first
I need to sort out these feelings

See, the negative feelings
they breed when left dormant
avoidance is their foreplay
and isolation is their playground
all the positive is shoved under a dusty pile of memories

Hacking away I tear at my self imposed barriers
Am I looking too hard?
No.
Here I am
Sitting strong
Appreciating all facets of me
Breathing life into my happiness

1 comment:

  1. Your recent posts have been great... thought-provoking, revealing.

    ReplyDelete