Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Solar Snow Exposure


Small things will take me back.
Tonight, it was the crunch of newly fallen snow under the sole of my Sorel. I looked down half expecting to be transported to the home I resided in a year ago.
Larry was hanging from a hook I would think a planter once hung. I'd poke him as I puffed my Camel cigarette and glanced down at my wine glass, making sure there would be enough elixir to get me through another heater.
It was cold out but I had the shelter of a small entry way and the imaginary warmth gently swirling in my right hand. I didn't need a jacket.
I had the comfort of being alone.
Few would see the interior. Few would see my well lit Christmas tree.
Larry hung outside. Oblivious to the warmth within. He didn't belong with me either.
This year,I endure the cold.

1 comment: